Deleting mailbox problem

Ondrej Sury ondrej at sury.org
Fri Jul 22 11:06:55 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 22:35 +0800, Wouter van Marle wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 09:23 -0500, Michael King wrote:
> > All mailboxes that belong to users are under the “user.” hierarchy,
> > so you *do* have a mailbox named “user.wouter”.
> >
> > The “INBOX” you’re looking for would be called “user.wouter.INBOX”.
>
> OK I understand that part.
> Now I can still not change the permissions of user.wouter.INBOX, nor
> delete it.
> Can it be that it is an mandatory existing mailbox?
>
> The main problem I have is that my e-mail software all the time gives
> pop-up warnings like "could not change to mailbox wouter.INBOX,
> mailbox does not exist" and the like. Pretty irritating, that's why I
> want to get rid of it, or put it to use.
>
> I do have a general inbox (that should then be user.INBOX actually?)
> which I primarily use.

>From this and from list you did send me it looks like, you didn't create
your mailbox as you should.  Primary INBOX is named:

user.wouter

so you need to create it as "cm user.wouter" and it should show as
"INBOX" in lm afterwards.

(also all your subfolders should be part of this hierarchy, but you
won't see it when logged in as wouter, because cyrus is translating
mailbox names)

You should really not mix administrator mailbox with your user mailbox.
I suggest adding another user as administrator to your /etc/imapd.conf
and do all administrative operations from this another mailbox.

Ondrej
--
Ondrej Sury <ondrej at sury.org>