Deleting mailbox problem

David G Mcmurtrie dgm+ at pitt.edu
Fri Jul 22 11:26:38 EDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Wouter van Marle wrote:

> The main problem I have is that my e-mail software all the time gives
> pop-up warnings like "could not change to mailbox wouter.INBOX, mailbox
> does not exist" and the like. Pretty irritating, that's why I want to
> get rid of it, or put it to use.

Did you at some point attempt to delete this mailbox by just removing it
from the filesystem?  Try to reconstruct this folder and see if your
problem goes away.

> I do have a general inbox (that should then be user.INBOX actually?)
> which I primarily use.

Read rfc3501 for more information on this.  INBOX is a token with special
meaning.  When you're authenticated to your imap server as wouter, INBOX
means the same thing as user.wouter.

Thanks,

Dave

PGP/GPG Key:  http://www.pitt.edu/~dgm/gpgkey.asc.txt