Same email address but on different domains

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at xl.wp.pl
Fri Jul 22 11:51:37 EDT 2005

Kurt Laurinaitis wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I am going to try to explain what I am trying to do as best as I can, it
> still might come out confusing though.
>
> I am using cyrus 2.2.12 , sasl 2.1.21, BerkeleyDB 4.3.28, and Sendmail
> 8.13.3.  I want to host multiple domains on my computer:  example1.com,
> example2.com, and example3.com.  But the trick is I want to have the
> same email address for each domain: kurt at example1.com,
> kurt at example2.com, kurt at example3.com and for each one of those account
> to be comletely seperate from each other with seperate passwords and
> comletely seperate boxes.  I think the way I have it now it that if I
> did have all of those domains, they would all go to the same inbox, I
> don't want that for the future.  Can cyrus do this or do I have to find
> another way to do it?
> Part of my imapd.conf:
>
> sasl_passwd_check: auxprop
> pwcheck_method: sasldb

Take a look at the links below:
* http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-virtdomains.html
Configuring (Cyrus) Virtual Domains
* http://anfi.homeunix.net/cyrus/
Real Time Cyrus Integration Version 2 (cyrus,sendmail)
How to make sendmail check in real time presence of cyrus mailbox

RTCyrus2 allows sendmail to reject messages to non existing mailboxes in
"cyrus domains" in reply to "RCPT TO:"

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
      -- Edmund Burke, 18th century