Misc question about LDAP and admin stuff

Per-Olov Sjöholm pos at incedo.org
Fri Jul 22 17:28:28 EDT 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 16.17, Igor Brezac wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Per-Olov [iso-8859-1] Sjöholm wrote:
> > Hi list
> >
> > Does anybody know if there are any work going on to implement the stuff
> > that the third party cyrusmaster requires to work and extend the LDAP
> > support in cyrus imapd? If not... Is there any work at all going on to
> > add good LDAP or MySQL support? I really love cyrus imapd but think it
> > lacks some stuff when it comes to LDAP or MySQL support.
>
> Can you be more specific?

Your'e right...

I am not just talking  about LDAP auth using any PAM stuff.
Cyrus imapd in not directly LDAP friendly. Let's say you want to put quota
info in LDAP. And in huge installations you maybe want to put as much info as
possible into a central repository using LDAP protocol. And not just quota,
maybe alternate e-mail adresses and more.  My question is just because I am
interested to know if there is any work going on to make is more LDAP
friendly. And the main reason for asking is because the cyrusmaster project
has extended cyrus to contain some of this stuff.

/Per-Olov

--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE