Where's my mail???

Thomas Kessler audiocollage at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 10 11:45:35 EST 2005

O.K. here's the deal, I'm a Cyrus newbie and I am so close to getting
everything working correctly, but there is something wrong and I don't know
what it is.  Here is my situation:

I'm trying to use sendmail and cyrus together.  I am on Fedora 3.  I'm using
the packaged sendmail and cyrus.  I setup my mail accounts using cyradm.  I
can send mail out, but am unable to receive mail.  I can log into my IMAP
account, but there is never any mail???  Please help me!!!

Here are all the different files I setup, let me know if there is something
missing or wrong:

system.conf

local6.debug      /var/adm/imapd.log

auth.debug  /var/adm/auth.log

imapd.conf

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap

partition-default: /var/spool/imap

admins: cyrus root

sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve

sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail

hashimapspool: true

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN

tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem

tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem

tls_ca_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt

allowanonymouslogin: no

xinetd.conf

defaults

{

      instances               = 60

        log_type                = SYSLOG authpriv

        log_on_success        = HOST PID

        log_on_failure        = HOST

      cps               = 25 30

}

disable = no

includedir /etc/xinetd.d

imap  stream tcp  nowait cyrus /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/imapd   imapd <---- what
does this line do?

*************************************************                        is
it correct???

hosts.allow

cyrus-imapd: 192.168.1.2: ALLOW

sendmail.mc

define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')dnl MAILER(`cyrusv2')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl MAILER(smtp)dnl

cyrus.conf

I did not touch this file.  Just left it as the default setup

When I run tests everything seems fine:

telnet

[root at server /]# telnet server imap

Trying 127.0.0.1...

Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).

Escape character is '^]'.

* OK server.audiocollagerecordings.com Cyrus IMAP4
v2.2.10-Invoca-RPM-2.2.10-3.fc3 server ready

imtest

[root at server ~]# /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/imtest -m login server

S: * OK server.audiocollagerecordings.com Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.10-Invoca-

RPM-2.2.10-3.fc3 server ready

C: C01 CAPABILITY

S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY
SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE STARTTLS
LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPES: C01 OK Completed Please enter your
password:

C: L01 LOGIN root {10}

S: + go ahead

C: <omitted>