Setting up an SQL Authentication backend ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon Jan 10 11:34:52 EST 2005

G'day ...

   Am trying to migrate from using sasldb to using a postgresql backend for
authentication ... first question: is there a howto anywhere on setting
this up, beyond the .html files that come with cyrus-sasl?

   My main question is where do I put all of the sql_* Options?  From the
docs, there is a 'App.conf' file that goes into /usr/local/lib/sasl2, but
how do I get something like 'saslpasswd2' to read/write to the database?
Is there a 'default' config file that can be setup that is read if nothing
else is set?

Thanks ...

----