POP3d not usable - how to debug?

Marcel Karras toka at freebits.de
Mon Jan 24 08:53:07 EST 2005

Hello,

I've got some problems with pop3d. My IMAP configurations works well and
is still in productive use but my POP3/POP3s services aren't working.
Whenever I connect to either port the pop3d child process will be
created and seems to stay alive to infinity. The client itself won't get
any response. Neither a server identification message will be shown
nor will there be any chance to get out of the loop. The client process
stays connected (on TCP/IP stack) but doesn't transmit any data to the
client - there will be nothing and the client waits till timeout.

Could someone help me solving the problem. I just tried to configure
debug_command to "/usr/bin/strace -o /var/log/pop3d.log", but
/var/log/error tells me that strace exited with code 256. The other log
files aren't helpful.

Greetings
- Marcel Karras

Contact: toka at freebits.de   karma at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
http://www.freebits.de      http://www.tu-chemnitz.de
Unix, Linux && OpenSource   Student of Chemnitz University of Technology