Seen database sync not happening between processes

Alec H. Peterson ahp at hilander.com
Tue Jan 25 12:20:15 EST 2005

Hi there,

I am running Cyrus IMAP v2.2.10.  I have a configuration where I sometimes
have persistent connections to the server opened from multiple clients to
the same mailbox.  In this case, I am using the Mulberry desktop client and
the Chatter for Palm OS client (which implements IMAP IDLE support).

When I read a message using Chatter, more often than not the seen state
does not propagate to the Mulberry session until I end the Chatter session.
This also happens in the inverse situation (ie, when I read a message in
the Mulberry session it does not propagate to the Chatter session).
However, sometimes the seen state will propagate without having to end the
IMAP session that made the seen state change.

Anyway, my question is this:  Is there anything that can be done to
reliably propagate seen state changes across persistent IMAP sessions open
against the same mailbox?

Thanks!

Alec