Once again: action hooks

David Lang david.lang at digitalinsight.com
Tue Jan 25 13:12:23 EST 2005

Take a look at Popfile (on sourceforge) it will train when you move a
message into a folder and retrain when you move a message to another
folder.

the current version is single user (you would need to run one copy per
user), but the development version is adding multi-user capability)

David Lang

  On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Denis Jedig wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:19:27 +0100
> From: Denis Jedig <lists at syneticon.de>
> To: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
> Subject: Once again: action hooks
>
> Greetings, list.
>
> I already crawled the web, checked the docs and posted to the local
> newsgroups, but I am still lacking a solution for my problem:
>
> I want to train bayesian filters via putting messages into and removing them
> out of IMAP mailboxes [*]
> I considered several ways to achieve this:
> a) start the learning process for everything in an IMAP mailbox periodically
> (cron)
> b) use notifications for starting the learning process
>
> However, the problem for both approaches is:
> there is no clean way to "unlearn" a message if it is moved out (not deleted)
> of a mailbox.
>
> So I would like to know, if there is some way to implement notifications on
> message move actions.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> [1] this seems the most convinient way to do so for the users. Forwarding
> messages to a specific e-mail address does not work really well - we would
> need two e-mail addresses per user, per bayes bucket, one for "learn", one
> for "unlearn" and the users do not understand this concept.
>
> Denis Jedig
> ---

  -- C.A.R. Hoare