problem with pop3d, messages can be downloaded multiple times

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Dec 6 18:27:03 EST 2005

-- Timo Veith <tv at rz-zw.fh-kl.de> is rumored to have mumbled on 6. Dezember
2005 22:57:07 +0100 regarding Re: problem with pop3d, messages can be
downloaded multiple times:

> I have searched the archive and found another thread. It describes the
> same problem. But no real solution ...  ok one could say "don't use
> broken mail clients" but, that is unrealistic. I cannot enjoin my users
> from using Outlook/OE.
>
> http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&msg
> =32442
>
> Any other hints ?

We tell our users:

- don't use broken mail clients
- otherwise: don't leave mail on server
- otherwise: use IMAP instead of POP

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK