Additional mailstore for archives?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Aug 25 23:54:41 EDT 2005

--On August 25, 2005 10:53:59 PM -0400 Forrest Aldrich <forrie at forrie.com>
wrote:

> Typically you have one mailstore defined, as I understand.
>
> However, I have a situation where I have archives of thousands of
> messages, going back years ago, that I wish to keep.   I'd rather not
> keep all of these on my primary mailstore (no need, and it eats up space).

Cyrus natively supports the idea of 'partitions'....normally a folder is
created on and lives on teh 'default' partition (whatever the name of that
is)  there's nothing preventing you from defining, and using a
secondary/alternate partition and moving folders onto that, with cyradm.

> Is it possible with cyrus imapd 2.x to have an additional store linked in
> somehow such that I can place those archives elsewhere (say an external
> drive), and yet have them visible to my view (via imap)?   Does that make
> any sense...
>

> Thanks.
>
> ----

into trouble of all kinds."