DB Errors

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Sun Apr 24 23:05:40 EDT 2005

Okay.  I'm hitting the annoyed state with this problem because it is
feeling close to being solved, but not quite!  The cwd of lmtpd process
(and cyrus itself) is the root directory.  I did a quick test of
setting / to mode 777 (ya I know) and waited for an abnormal exit.
Checked and still no core file.  Nor can I get the debug_command option
in lmtpd to work to see what is going on when it crashes.

I have, however, been able to track it down to crashing when I try to
deliver to a non-existant mailbox.  For example, 'deliver
user.blahblahblah' causes it to crash in a BUSY state, same goes for
'deliver blah'. So I am closer, but still can't figure out exactly why
it is crashing, or not core dumping for that matter.  Short of
recompiling lmtpd to not fork, is there something I am missing?  Here
is my debug_command:
/usr/bin/gdb /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/%s %d

Daniel