problem with Mandrake 10.0

Mike O'Rourke mjoop at curia.op.org
Sat Sep 4 04:26:11 EDT 2004

Alain-Serge Nagni <akenaton at freesurf.ch> 09/04/04 09:52am
>Hello,
>	I have a problem using cyrus-sasl with Mandrake. Since I'm using
Mandrake
>10.0 (I was using Mandrake 9.2), it's impossible to get cyrus-sasl to
work
>correctly: when I add a new account and try to test it, it doesn't
work. Here
>is an example:
>

>[root at www /]# saslpasswd2 -c test
>Password:
>Again (for verification):
>[root at www /]#
>[root at www /]# sasldblistusers2
>test at www.mydomain.com: userPassword
>cyrus at www.mydomain.com: userPassword
>[root at www /]#
>[root at www /]# testsaslauthd -u test -p testpassword
>0: NO "authentication failed"
>[root at www /]#
>

>The administrator cyrus is the onlyone with whom the testsaslauthd
works.
>Example:
>
>[root at www /]# testsaslauthd -u cyrus -p cyruspassword
>0: OK "Success."
>[root at www /]#
>

>I'm being working on this problem for a week now . Do anyone faced
this
>problem? Should I go back to Mandrake 9.x?
>

>Best regards,
>Alain-Serge
>---

1. What does your saslauthd.conf file look like (I don't know where it
is in Mandrake; possibly /usr/local/etc/saslauthd.conf or
/etc/saslauthd.conf or somewhere else under /etc)?

2. If you want to use only sasldb for authentication, why use
saslauthd? Why not use the auxprop method with the sasldb plugin?

Mike.