problem with Mandrake 10.0

Alain-Serge Nagni akenaton at freesurf.ch
Sat Sep 4 03:52:00 EDT 2004

Hello,
	I have a problem using cyrus-sasl with Mandrake. Since I'm using Mandrake
10.0 (I was using Mandrake 9.2), it's impossible to get cyrus-sasl to work
correctly: when I add a new account and try to test it, it doesn't work. Here
is an example:

[root at www /]# saslpasswd2 -c test
Password:
Again (for verification):
[root at www /]#
[root at www /]# sasldblistusers2
test at www.mydomain.com: userPassword
cyrus at www.mydomain.com: userPassword
[root at www /]#
[root at www /]# testsaslauthd -u test -p testpassword
0: NO "authentication failed"
[root at www /]#

The administrator cyrus is the onlyone with whom the testsaslauthd works.
Example:

[root at www /]# testsaslauthd -u cyrus -p cyruspassword
0: OK "Success."
[root at www /]#

I'm being working on this problem for a week now . Do anyone faced this
problem? Should I go back to Mandrake 9.x?

Best regards,
Alain-Serge