Paying for developers? (was: Re: Cyrus crashed on redundant platform - need better availability?)

David G Mcmurtrie dgm+ at pitt.edu
Tue Sep 14 07:14:44 EDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Attila Nagy wrote:

> So many users cried for this feature (to provide not just horizontal
> scalability with murder, but to have redundant backends which can hold
> each others replicas too) that I wonder: if it's so important to us, the
> cyrus users, why don't we collect some money and pass it to the developers?

I wasn't following this entire thread, but if I'm not mistaken David
Carter from the University of Cambridge already implemented what you're
looking for:

http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/cyrus/replication.html

Maybe if you collect some money you could send it to him :)

Thanks,

Dave

PGP/GPG Key:  http://www.pitt.edu/~dgm/gpgkey.asc.txt