Paying for developers?

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Tue Sep 14 09:03:24 EDT 2004

David G Mcmurtrie wrote:
> I wasn't following this entire thread, but if I'm not mistaken David
> Carter from the University of Cambridge already implemented what you're
> looking for:
> http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/cyrus/replication.html
There are some problems with that:
- the code isn't available on that webpage
- it changes the mailstore layout, so you cut off yourself if you use
that instead of the mainstream version
- I guess it is for an older Cyrus, so you cannot easily upgrade

I cannot say anything about its architectural problems, if there are any
at all.

> Maybe if you collect some money you could send it to him :)
I don't want to collect money from others which I could send, I just
popped up the idea to see whether the developers and the users have
affinity to cooperate in this way.

High availability is a recurring topic on this list, so I guess the
users would be happy to have it in the standard cyrus distribution.

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy at fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)           phone @work: +361 371 3536