Paying for developers?

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Tue Sep 14 09:23:30 EDT 2004

Hi,

David G Mcmurtrie wrote:

>>So many users cried for this feature (to provide not just horizontal
>>scalability with murder, but to have redundant backends which can hold
>>each others replicas too) that I wonder: if it's so important to us, the
>>cyrus users, why don't we collect some money and pass it to the developers?
>>

>I wasn't following this entire thread, but if I'm not mistaken David
>Carter from the University of Cambridge already implemented what you're
>looking for:
>
>http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/cyrus/replication.html
>
>Maybe if you collect some money you could send it to him :)

I think there is still some work that needs to be done by the developers
to integrate the code in the cyrus distribution. I have more confidence
in something that is in the cyrus distribution than a seperate patch.
I didn't look close enough yet, but it would be good if the cyrus
developers also reviewed this solution and make sure that everything has
been taken into account, wouldn't it?

If it means that in order to get this done in the near future we need to
pay a bit, I think that's certainly a good option.

Paul