cyrus imap to alias against ldap

Base David base_david at bah.com
Tue Sep 14 15:17:17 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I have an LDAP directory where, say, attribute sAMAccountName has a
value of  aaaa and attribute objectGUID has a value of bbbb.

I've got solaris 9, sendmail 8.12.10, cyrus imap 2.2.6, cyrusv2 using
lmtp successfully delivering mail addressed to aaaa to
/var/spool/imap/user/bbbb created with cyradm.  The line in sendmail.mc
that does this is "define(`ALIAS_FILE', `ldap: -h xxx.xx.xxx.xx:389 -k
sAMAccountName=%s -v objectGUID')dnl"

I want user aaaa to use his sAMAccountName aaaa in his desktop mail
client config, but I want imap to retrieve the mail from
/var/spool/imap/user/bbbb.  I can create a symbolic link aaaa -> bbbb in
Solaris, but I would really like imap to do aliasing against LDAP like
sendmail does when it delivers.  So far I haven't found the answer.

Any ideas?
Dave Base

p.s. imap uses cyrus sasl 2.1.15 with pam_ldap to authenticate against
ldap.