Sieve not sieving...but why?

Jamie Thompson jamierocks at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 11:34:32 EDT 2004

Hya, I know this is a common problem, but none fo the given responses
I've read seems to make any difference to fixing the problem.

I'm running Debian Sarge's Postfix (2.1.4-5) and Cyrus21-imapd
(2.1.16-10) packages, with sasl setup and working as well. I've set
postfix to deliver to cyrus via lmtp, and this is working fine. Plus
addressing is working fine (well, after discovering the anonymous user
acl it was), which suggests to me that sieve is operating, though the
test script I'm trying appears to be doing nothing. I've installed the
script and activated it using sieveshell, and I've tested the script
(simple though it is) with the test program found in the sieve
directory of the source package, and that responds the way it should
(i.e. it indicates it would file the message with "opic Reply" in the
subject into the "INBOX/Forum" folder). I've also checked the script
is getting uploaded correctly, and it seems fine as I can se it in the
correct directory (/var/spool/sieve/x/x), and I've checked the
permissions, even granting 777 permissions, just to be sure, but still
no joy.

Here's the header from a test message (addresses edited for obvious reasons):
<SNIP>