Can't create sub-folders under fully qualified email account.

sam sam.wun at authtec.net
Tue Oct 19 04:04:03 EDT 2004

Hi,

I followed the instruction described in "imapd/install-virtdomains.html"
created email account without sub folders Sent, Drafts, and Trash. I am
able to send email using the fully qualified email
account(user at domain.com) thru the imap server, but the mail client
(Mozilla) is not able to close the Sent windows because there is no sub
folder (Sent) exist. This is the problem during the creation of the
email account. I tried to create Sent, Drafts and Trash sub subfolders,
but am not successful.
For example, adam.wonder at mydomain.net/Trash is not a subfolder of
adam.wonder at mydomain.net:

at.mydomain.com>cm user/adam.wonder at mydomain
at.mydomain.com>cm user/adam.wonder at mydomain/Trash
at.mydomain.com> lm
user/adm.wonder at mydomain.net (\HasNoChildren)
user/adm.wonder at mydomain.net/Trash (\HasNoChildren)

But if I create user with the following command, Trash is the subfolder
of the user name:
at.mydomain.com>cm user/adam.wonder
at.mydomain.com>cm user/adam.wonder/Trash
at.mydomain.com> lm
user/adm.wonder (\HasChildren)
user/adm.wonder/Trash (\HasNoChildren)

I need to find a way create subfolders for each fully qualified email
account.
Does anyone have any suggestoin how to deail with this issue? I m using
cyrus-imap 2.2

Your suggestion is highly appreciated
Thanks
Sam.