OT: migrating exchange mailboxes to cyrus?

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Tue Oct 19 04:29:25 EDT 2004

My applogies for the off topic question, but I figure that here is
likely to be a huge pool of experience with what I'm trying to do.

I'm migrating a small business away from exchange to a cyrus imapd
mail server (one for the good guys!).  There's only one mail
account, but it's got thousands of archived emails sitting on
the exchange server - so many that I tried to import them into
Mozilla Thunderbird with the import tool, and after letting it run
for 12 hours, it had hardly moved the progress bar.  I think the PC
hasn't enough grunt to do it.  It's an old win98 box with abuot 64 MB
or so of RAM.

Can anyone here suggest another way to extract this email from the
exchange server onto my new NetBSD cyrus server, so my user can
get at his old email?

thanks!

Carl