2.2.8 vs. 2.1.15: different process spawning behavior?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Oct 19 03:48:44 EDT 2004

--On Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2004 15:30 Uhr +0200 Simon Matter
<simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com> wrote:

> Did you try running with the default cyrus.conf just to see how it goes?
> With the following line I get exactly 2 lmtpd running until mail arrives.

That's not the issue. What seems to be different is the behavior once the
number of processes has increased. In the meantime I have observed that
eventually the number of processes *does* decrease again, but generally
they seem to stick around much longer than they used to. I've looked at the
source and don't see any reason why ... it doesn't bother me too much,
though ;-)

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK