Anyone using a Blackberry PDA with Cyrus?

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Tue Nov 9 11:09:18 EST 2004

Gary Mills wrote:
> We have a few people who want to use a Blackberry PDA with our
> Cyrus e-mail system.  I understand that it does work, but the e-mail
> has to be managed twice, once on the PDA, and again with a desktop
> e-mail client.  Is there a way to make it more convenient?

A company called Consilient (http://www.consilient.com/) sells a product that acts
as glue between various IMAP servers (including Cyrus) and the Blackberry Enterprise
Server, which is required to keep email on the Blackberry and on the server
automatically reconcilied.  My company briefly considered this setup but in the end
rejected it, so I cannot say how well it works.  Contact me off-list if you want
more information.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Consilient in any way and this should not be
interpreted as a recommendation, just a pointer.