Cyrus and SquirrelMail suggestion needed

Andre Nicholson andre at neo-anime.org
Thu Nov 11 14:29:06 EST 2004

This is more of a SquirrelMail-users mailing list question ^^

Webmaster wrote:
> However, someone who's account name starts with a capital letter (eg.
> Teresa) cannot log in using any method.
>
> Question:  Is there a setting that I have missed in imapd.conf, or in
> another settings file that will allow people to correctly log in?  Any help
> or suggestions would be most appreciated.

The lowercasing options in imapd.conf aren't an issue here I think, it's
the fact that SquirrelMail sends authentication info using mixed case.
Maybe there's an option for SASL to convert to lowercase, I don't know.

 From the SquirreMail ./configure Perl script:
4 (General Options)
6 (Usernames in Lowercase) set to true.

Or from ./config/config.php: