(dead)locking ...

Jure Pe_ar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Fri Nov 12 11:46:42 EST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:49:38 -0500
Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> wrote:

> Try an strace/truss on the process and see what its doing.

I did a strace on reconstruct to determine on which file it was locking and
determined it's cyrus.header. Looking at the locking order in wiki I see the
cyrus.header is the very fisrt file being locked. Now, how can I find the
process that is holding the lock and that probably caused all this?

Last night I rebuilt mailboxes.db (which shrunk from 98mb to 64mb) and today
everything was fine. This again points to some db as the source of the
problem ...

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/