[Fwd: Sieve problem] Please help

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Wed Nov 17 03:33:52 EST 2004

> Hi All,
> I have problem with running sieve scripts. I use Cyrus 2.0.16, cyrus.conf
> is normal.conf. imapd.conf contains:
>
> configdirectory: /var/imap
> partition-default: /var/spool/imap
> sieveusehomedir: false
> sievedir: /usr/sieve
> admins: adm
> sasl_pwcheck_method: PAM
> sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
> lmtpsocket: /var/imap/socket/lmtp
>
> fatemeh.script is in /usr/sieve/f/fatemeh_m/ using sieveshell command and
> contains:
>
> require ["reject","fileinto"];
>
>           if address :is :all "From" "taj_fatemeh at yahoo.com"
>           {
>             reject "testing";
>           }
>

> Output of sieve test program seems to be OK :
>
> /usr/local/src/cyrus-imapd-2.0.16/sieve/test \
> /var/spool/imap/user/fatemeh_m/13857. \
> /usr/sieve/f/fatemeh_m/fatemeh.script
>
> rejecting message '/var/spool/imap/user/fatemeh_m/13857.' with 'testing'
> notify msg = 'You have new mail
>
> To: fatemeh at dpiran.net
> From: Fatemeh Taj <taj_fatemeh at yahoo.com>
> Subject: SIEVE
>
> Action(s) taken:
> Rejected with: testing
> ' with priority = medium
>
> But no action is taken. What could be my problem? Any help is appriciated.

I don't know whats wrong here. But, does your /usr/sbin/sendmail exist and
work as expected? You have it configured in imapd.conf but maybe it's not
correct.

> Also I have another problem when get emails via webmail (squirrelmail).
>
> 1) Sometimes after retrieving emails cyrus can not recognize my folders
> and just Trash, Drafts and Sent folder are available and the cyrus.sub
> file in /var/imap/user/f is dissappeared then I have to create that file
> by hand, remove cyrus.seen and then reconstruct the mailbox.
>
> 2) In other case Trash folders get dissapeared and I have to re-create
> Trash folder.
>
> It happens for many of my clients. What can I do to solve the problem?

Hm, since you're always talking about files in /var/xxx, I guess you have
touched them in a way which is not good for cyrus. I suggest you check all
file and directory permissions of cyrus, check you mailboxes db and then
use reconstruct to fix your mail spool.

Simon