Bynari Insignt Connector and Cyrus?

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Nov 17 02:10:15 EST 2004

Hi,

We have a similar product called Toltec Connector (www.toltec.co.za) and
this is how it works:

It save the object (calendar/task/etc.) in a MS TNEF object and then
encapsulates the TNEF object in a RFC2822 mail that is the stored on the
IMAP4 server. The model used is synchronization where the plugin in Outlook
get triggered and synchronizes the contents of the folder with the
corresponding IMAP4 mailbox.

Sharing of folders are done by setting the corresponding ACL on a mailbox.

Currently only Toltec Connectors can share Outlook information with other
Toltec Connectors as the data is in a TNEF object. There is a initiative
underway with the Kolab project (www.kolab.org) to create a common data
format that will enable Kontact/Horde/Toltec(Outlook) to use the same IMAP4
server backend and share the data.

In contrast to Bynari we do not sell a server. We recommend the use of Cyrus
IMAP4 or the Kolab server, which also uses the Cyrus IMAP4 server.

Best regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557