allow duplicate message

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Fri Nov 19 13:17:36 EST 2004

IOn Fri, 2004-11-19 at 10:58 -0500, Scott Adkins wrote:
> I don't believe this is the case... We set it to "no" on our site because
> we see a lot of lock contention on the duplicate delivery database.  The
> problem is that setting it to "no" doesn't help if you have SIEVE enabled
> in your server.  From what I could tell in the source code, SIEVE makes
> very active use of the duplicate delivery database, for vacationing,
> forwarding, redirections, etc.

Are you saying that using Sieve makes it impossible to disable duplicate
suppression or that Sieve just uses the duplicate delivery database
regardless of the 'duplicatesuppression' setting?  The former should be
reported as a bug (http://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/); the latter a point
for discussion.

Wil
--