Cyrus + (insert Best MTA here) Suggestions

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Nov 19 13:00:44 EST 2004

Am Fr, den 19.11.2004 schrieb Dick Davies um 12:53:

> Procmail and sendmail suffer the same disadvantage of being absolute
> pigs to configure, best to avoid them for that reason alone IMO.

Speaking about Sendmail: this is a myth and prejudice. I don't say
Sendmail configuration is trivial. But in general setting up, running
and administering a mail server (MTA + POP3/IMAP) is a very complex
topic and requires a fair amount of background knowledge. And even the
so praised Postfix does require good lecture of it's documentation.

Did I say that I am lucky with Sendmail (and Cyrus-IMAPd)? :)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:59:56 up 15:41, 16 users, 0.15, 0.35, 0.36