virtual domains question

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Sun May 2 09:59:32 EDT 2004

Dwight Tovey wrote:
> Hi Andrzej
>
> Thanks for the response.  Sorry I'm taking so long to follow up on this.
> I thought it was a priority, but "the boss" (my wife) has other ideas.
>
>>Which variant have you used ?
>>[ there are three: mailertable, stickyhub, user]
>
> I was trying the mailertable version.
>
>>>My problem is that I'm also using MailMan 2.0.13 to host some email
>>>lists
>>>for the virtual domains.  Mail for these lists is usually resolved in
>>>the
>>>aliases file to go through a mailman command:
>>>  listname at virtdomain:  "|wrapper post listname"
>>>
>>>With that entry (and all the others necessary for the list) in the
>>>aliases
>>>file, sendmail complains about "cannot alias non-local names".  Various
>>>searches point to the 'A' flag that Andrzej mentions above.  I added
>>>that
>>>in, with no change in results.
>>
>>What is reported by the commands below:
>># which mailer is selected for listname at virtdomain before aliases
>>echo '3,0 listname at virtdomain' | sendmail -bt
>
> On my test system, the list is 'mylist at dtovey.local'
>
> ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
> Enter <ruleset> <address>
>
>>canonify           input: mytest @ dtovey . local
>
> Canonify2          input: mytest < @ dtovey . local >
> Canonify2        returns: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
> canonify         returns: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
> parse              input: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
> Parse0             input: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
> Parse0           returns: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
> ParseLocal         input: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
> ParseLocal       returns: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
> Parse1             input: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
> MailerToTriple     input: < mrs_cyrus_mailertable : error : 5 . 1 . 1 :
> 550 User unknown > mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
> mrs_cyrus_mailer   input: < error : 5 . 1 . 1 : 550 User unknown > mytest
> < @ dtovey . local . >
> MailerToTriple     input: < error : 5 . 1 . 1 : 550 User unknown > mytest
> < @ dtovey . local >
> MailerToTriple   returns: $# error $@ 5 . 1 . 1 $: 550 User unknown
> mrs_cyrus_mailer returns: $# error $@ 5 . 1 . 1 $: 550 User unknown
> MailerToTriple   returns: $# error $@ 5 . 1 . 1 $: 550 User unknown
> Parse1           returns: $# error $@ 5 . 1 . 1 $: 550 User unknown
> parse            returns: $# error $@ 5 . 1 . 1 $: 550 User unknown

Use virtusertable for non local email domains. Addming F=A to cyrusv2d
will not help because error mailer is selected for non existing cyrus
accounts.

*.mc file:
LOCAL_CONFIG
F{virtHost}/etc/mail/virtual-domains

/etc/mail/virtual-domains file:
dtovey.local

virtusertable file (use makemap to compile it):
mylist at dtovey.local  mylist

>[...]
>>You can use virtusertable to redirect listname at virtdomain to listname.
>>Since version 8.10 virtusertable can be consulted for some non local
>>email domains (domain handled by mailertable).>
>
> Didn't work.  I still get the unknown user error.  If I create the
> 'mytest at dtovey.local' mailbox, the mail is accepted, but then it is
> delivered into the cyrus mailbox and doesn't go through mailman at all.
> It seems like the aliases are not being used at all.  I'm sure that I've
> screwed something up, but I'm not sure where.

Use the command below to trace virtusertable lookups:
echo '3,0 listname at virtdomain' | sendmail -bt -d60.1

HTH

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi