virtual domains question

Dwight Tovey dwight at dtovey.net
Mon May 3 00:14:15 EDT 2004

Andrzej Filip said:

> Use virtusertable for non local email domains. Addming F=A to cyrusv2d
> will not help because error mailer is selected for non existing cyrus
> accounts.
>
> *.mc file:
> LOCAL_CONFIG
> F{virtHost}/etc/mail/virtual-domains
>
> /etc/mail/virtual-domains file:
> dtovey.local
>
> virtusertable file (use makemap to compile it):
> mylist at dtovey.local  mylist

Already tried this.  Didn't help.

> Use the command below to trace virtusertable lookups:
> echo '3,0 listname at virtdomain' | sendmail -bt -d60.1

ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>
> canonify           input: mytest @ dtovey . local
Canonify2          input: mytest < @ dtovey . local >
Canonify2        returns: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
canonify         returns: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
parse              input: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
Parse0             input: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
Parse0           returns: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
ParseLocal         input: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
ParseLocal       returns: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
Parse1             input: mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
map_lookup(mailertable, dtovey.local) =>
mrs_cyrus_mailertable:error:5.1.1:550 User unknown (0)
MailerToTriple     input: < mrs_cyrus_mailertable : error : 5 . 1 . 1 :
550 User unknown > mytest < @ dtovey . local . >
mrs_cyrus_mailer   input: < error : 5 . 1 . 1 : 550 User unknown > mytest
< @ dtovey . local . >
map_lookup(cyrus, mytest at dtovey.local) => NOT FOUND (68)
MailerToTriple     input: < error : 5 . 1 . 1 : 550 User unknown > mytest
< @ dtovey . local >
MailerToTriple   returns: $# error $@ 5 . 1 . 1 $: 550 User unknown
mrs_cyrus_mailer returns: $# error $@ 5 . 1 . 1 $: 550 User unknown
MailerToTriple   returns: $# error $@ 5 . 1 . 1 $: 550 User unknown
Parse1           returns: $# error $@ 5 . 1 . 1 $: 550 User unknown
parse            returns: $# error $@ 5 . 1 . 1 $: 550 User unknown

This looks to me like it's hitting the mailertable first, and when mrs
returns the error, sendmail quits without even trying the alias or
virtuser tables.  In order for the listserver software to work, I need the
address to be looked up in the alias file and passed through the program
that is specified there.

Is there a way to specify the sequence of the lookups and get it to go
through aliases first?

    /dwight
--
Dwight N. Tovey