domain stripping in virtual domain addresses [SOLVED]

Chris Harms chris at cmiware.com
Sat May 8 20:01:41 EDT 2004

Carl Brewer wrote:

> Chris Harms wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> After going into production from a working test installation, I
>> cannot seem to get mail to cyrus from sendmail without the domain
>> getting stripped and summarily replaced by the local host name.  At
>> present I'm attempting to use the new cyrusv2d mailer defs as follows:
>>
>> [ sendmail.mc ]
>> define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2d')dnl
>> MAILER(`cyrusv2')dnl
>> MAILER(`local')dnl
>> MAILER(`smtp')dnl
>

> I think th eorder of the MAILER() defs is wrong.
>
> Mine looks like :
>
> VERSIONID(`$Id: rollcage2.mc,v 1.1 2004/05/08 22:42:23 carl Exp carl $')
> FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
> FEATURE(mailertable, hash /etc/mail/mailertable)dnl
> FEATURE(virtusertable, hash /etc/mail/virtusertable)dnl
> VIRTUSER_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/virthosts')dnl
> FEATURE(access_db, hash -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access)dnl
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA-v4, Family=inet')
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')
> define(`confME_TOO', True)dnl
> define(`confTRUSTED_USERS', majordom)dnl
>
> OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
> DOMAIN(generic)dnl
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=local:/var/run/spamass.sock,
> F=,T=C:15m;S:4
> m;R:4m;E:10m')
> dnl
> dnl Enforce valid Message-Id to help stop spammers
> dnl
> LOCAL_RULESETS
> HMessage-Id:    $>CheckMessageId
>
> SCheckMessageId
> R< $+ @ $+ >            $@ OK
> R$*                     $#error $: 553 Header Error
>
> MAILER(local)
> MAILER(smtp)
> MAILER(cyrusv2)
>

> And it works fine.
>
> The virtuserdomain file is useful :)
>
> Carl

Thanks for responding.  I did end up making that change, however I had
complicated things by adding the domain to the local-host-names file to
get rid of another error, which was obviously a no-no.  I was getting
some relaying_denied errors until adding:

To:domain.tld     RELAY

to access db

I'm afraid to do
domain.tld   RELAY
as I have a hunch that puts me at risk for being a spam relay.  If
someone has better advice on that, please inform.

Thanks for the help,
Chris