domain stripping in virtual domain addresses

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Sat May 8 18:43:33 EDT 2004

Chris Harms wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After going into production from a working test installation, I cannot
> seem to get mail to cyrus from sendmail without the domain getting
> stripped and summarily replaced by the local host name.  At present I'm
> attempting to use the new cyrusv2d mailer defs as follows:
>
> [ sendmail.mc ]
> define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2d')dnl
> MAILER(`cyrusv2')dnl
> MAILER(`local')dnl
> MAILER(`smtp')dnl

I think th eorder of the MAILER() defs is wrong.

Mine looks like :

VERSIONID(`$Id: rollcage2.mc,v 1.1 2004/05/08 22:42:23 carl Exp carl $')
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
FEATURE(mailertable, hash /etc/mail/mailertable)dnl
FEATURE(virtusertable, hash /etc/mail/virtusertable)dnl
VIRTUSER_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/virthosts')dnl
FEATURE(access_db, hash -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access)dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA-v4, Family=inet')
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')
define(`confME_TOO', True)dnl
define(`confTRUSTED_USERS', majordom)dnl

OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=local:/var/run/spamass.sock,
F=,T=C:15m;S:4
m;R:4m;E:10m')
dnl
dnl Enforce valid Message-Id to help stop spammers
dnl
LOCAL_RULESETS
HMessage-Id:    $>CheckMessageId

SCheckMessageId
R$*                     $#error $: 553 Header Error

MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)
MAILER(cyrusv2)

And it works fine.