domain stripping in virtual domain addresses

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Sun May 9 08:33:47 EDT 2004

Chris Harms wrote:
> After going into production from a working test installation, I cannot
> seem to get mail to cyrus from sendmail without the domain getting
> stripped and summarily replaced by the local host name.  At present I'm
> attempting to use the new cyrusv2d mailer defs as follows:
>
> [ sendmail.mc ]
> define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2d')dnl
> MAILER(`cyrusv2')dnl
> MAILER(`local')dnl
> MAILER(`smtp')dnl
>
> [cyrusv2.m4]
> [ http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/cyrusv2.html ]
>
> mail to user at domain.tld bounces with a user unknown error (from imap.log)
> append_check() of 'host!user.myacctname' failed (Mailbox does not exist)
>
> any advice at this point would be much appreciated.

cyrusv2d mailer unlike cyrusv2 does not strip recipient domain in its
recipient parsing rule sets
*BUT*
* you use cyrusv2d as local mailer replacement (confLOCAL_MAILER)
* sendmail.cf generated from sendmail.org m4 files strips recipient's
domain before passing recipient address to local mailer (or its replacement)

You may use "sticky hub" version of RTCyrus2 to fix it
http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/rtcyrus2.html

FYI:
I hope I will publish soon a method for making mailertable process
recipients in local email domains.

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi