problem with user rights in imapd

Jim Sabatke jsabatke at execpc.com
Sun May 9 08:41:46 EDT 2004

email at stefanfritze.de wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> i have installed Cyrus Imapd with saslauthd authentication on a
> FreeBSD Box with the FreeBSD ports.
> It is running good. I can login to cyradm with the user cyrus and can
> create mailboxes. With saslpasswd2 i can give the user a password.
> The user can access his mailbox with imap client. Also sendmail is
> delivering mails to the mailboxes very well.
> My problem is now
>
> 1. in cyradm (logged in as cyrus who is defined as admin in
> imapd.conf) i can´t delete mailboxes. Message is permission denied.
>
> 2. The User have no permission to create his own folders into his mailbox.
>
> best regards,
>
> Stefan Fritze

I just went through this myself.  Make sure you create mail boxes in the
user.<username> directory; or user/<username if using UNIX pathing.

Here is a very good link regarding your problem, as well as proper setup
of mailboxes:

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-admin-mb.html

Good luck!

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.