creating mailboxes

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Wed Mar 10 01:32:44 EST 2004

try running this
telnet localhost imap
123 logout

and see what shows up from the IMAP server.. That will tell you if you
are connecting to Cyrus or another mail service on the computer..
It should show up something like this..
* OK myhost.mydomain.tld Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.3 server ready

As it looks like you are not actually connecting to Cyrus.. that would
be the reason for mboxish files in your home directory.

Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://outoforder.cc/

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus