converting sppol and config dirs from 2.1.x to 2.2.x (WAS: cyrus 2.2.3 & virtual)

Paul Dorneanu spooky at rufon.org
Wed Mar 24 15:32:28 EST 2004

No, I don't use perdition and I would not like to use it.

so, having virtdomains: userid I will be able to login with
use_domaintld (which are mapped to the default domain) without the need
to manually convert the accounts.
also i will be able to convert account to user at domain.tld.

still, there remains one unanswered question: when I created a user in
the new format: user at domain.tld with the virtdomains: on I was not able
to login. do you know why?

Edward Rudd wrote:

>If you use perdition, then yes..
>http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/
>I was using perdition for a while when I had my usernames in cyrus like
>user_domain_tld, and wanted the users to login with user at domain.tld, but
>they could login with user_domain_tld as well..
>
>Perdition acts as a proxy in front of cyrus and maps the usernames
>according to Databases lookups(db, flat file, mysql, postgresql, ldap)
>or regular expressions.
>This is what you will want to setup..
>and if you setup virtdomains: userid (instead of virtdomains: on), then
>a login of user_domaintld will be mapped to the default domain (w/o the
>defdom.com! in the mailbox db) so your current userbase will be able to
>login while converted users will able to access the new system..

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus