converting sppol and config dirs from 2.1.x to 2.2.x (WAS: cyrus 2.2.3 & virtual)

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Wed Mar 24 15:16:40 EST 2004

If you use perdition, then yes..
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/perdition/
I was using perdition for a while when I had my usernames in cyrus like
user_domain_tld, and wanted the users to login with user at domain.tld, but
they could login with user_domain_tld as well..

Perdition acts as a proxy in front of cyrus and maps the usernames
according to Databases lookups(db, flat file, mysql, postgresql, ldap)
or regular expressions.
This is what you will want to setup..
and if you setup virtdomains: userid (instead of virtdomains: on), then
a login of user_domaintld will be mapped to the default domain (w/o the
defdom.com! in the mailbox db) so your current userbase will be able to
login while converted users will able to access the new system..

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://outoforder.cc/

---