moving around with files in a mailfolder

Pieter Vanmeerbeek pv at able.be
Fri Mar 26 06:24:32 EST 2004

Hi,

I was wondering which actions are needed to copy over new mails into a
mailbox directly on the server ( not with a mali client).
Is it true that the cyrus.cache,cyrus.header and cyrus.index files in a
user.username folder may never be overwritten?
I found out that with the restore -rf tool mails and folders can be
added. Supposed to relate to the mailboxes.db  file.

I think my question is what is stored where for a specific mailbox? Is
it true that mailbox information is stored multiple times in different
places?

How can I restore/change subscribed folder  information whithout using a
mail client?

And a last question , I've had problems after converting courier
mailboxes to cyrus mail boxes with mail dates in specific only with
Outlook. Outlok seems to fetch the mail date from the mailserver and not
from the mail message itself. Can anyone tell me where that date
information for each mail is stored on the mailbox?

thanks,
Pieter

Dan Verbruggen
Account Manager

aXs GUARD, internet communication solutions
do IT safe, do IT with aXs GUARD

Able NV
Leuvensesteenweg 282 - B-3190 Boortmeerbeek - Belgium
Phone: + 32 15 50.44.00 - Fax: + 32 15 50.44.09
Mobile: +32 497 44.52.52
E-Mail: dan.verbruggen at able.be
http://www.axsguard.com
http://www.doITsafe.net

--
aXs GUARD has completed security and anti-virus checks on this e-mail
(http://www.axsguard.com)