Special characters in mailbox names

Pierre Scholtes p.scholtes at amster.com
Fri Mar 26 10:42:50 EST 2004

Hi list

I'm now trying to work this problem out for some days and can't get through it. I looked up the archive but couldn't find any message about this.

In order to get the bynari insight connector working with cyrus imap and this f*** French version of outlook I need to be able to create mailboxes with the name "Boîte d'envoi". I think that the problem is that cyrus imap doesn't like the " ' " in mailbox names. I always get an INVALID MAILBOX NAME as result when trying to create the mailbox.

Does anybody know how to create mailboxes containing this kind of special characters.

Any suggestion is welcome

Thanx in advance

Pierre

PS: I'm using cyrus 2.2.3

Pierre Scholtes

IT Consultant

AMSter - rue Bara 135 - 1070 Bruxelles

Tel: +32 2 5562811 Fax: +32 2 5562810

------
This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. We shall not be responsible nor liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. We do not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference."

www.amster.com