Cyrus Lmtp vs Deliver

Kevin Baker kbaker at missionvi.com
Wed Jun 9 13:13:16 EDT 2004

On the "real" scsi hard RAID, I agree but...

For those of us currently using Managed hosting, IDE
drives might be the only option up front. While hardware
RAID and SCSI are with out a doubt *much* better...
the following makes sense to me:

- IDE soft RAID server handles 3000 users NP
- it slows at 5000 users
- why not partition to a second server to keep load down?
- if it was fine with 3000 users it stands to reason
   that this would be fine partitioned.
- Aren't 2 cheap serv's w/ HA better than one
   better server as a single point of failure?

Again I'm new at this... as the user base and budget grows
I'm all about zippy'r servers. However up front we could
grab a couple 80GB sRAID 1.5GB RAM machines for only $300
a month. While a single 73SCSI RAID w/ less ram is around
$500/m. With 2 cheaper machines I can have HA/Failover.

So, I'm sure there's holes in it... I just want to get
this out there. I'm guessing there are alot of people in a
similiar situation, using *cheap* managed hosting due to
budget constraints.

-Kevin