[Fwd: cyrus pop]

Yann Gabriel Carlier yann at wetserver.com
Sun Jun 13 14:46:17 EDT 2004

I just installed fedora 2 and I want to have it runing POP and sendmail...

I can see the services are runing:

[root at localhost root]# nmap localhost

Starting nmap 3.50 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2004-06-13 18:19
WEST Interesting ports on localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1):
(The 1649 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT      STATE SERVICE
22/tcp    open  ssh
25/tcp    open  smtp
80/tcp    open  http
110/tcp   open  pop3
143/tcp   open  imap
443/tcp   open  https
993/tcp   open  imaps
995/tcp   open  pop3s
2000/tcp  open  callbook
10000/tcp open  snet-sensor-mgmt

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.364 seconds
[root at localhost root]#

But wen I try to connect to pop acount I get this error message:

Unable to connect to POP server localhost.localdomain.
Error sending password: -ERR [AUTH] Invalid login

Please enter the POP password for yann at localhost.localdomain

Do I nead to create acounts? where?

[root at localhost web-cyradm-0.5.4]# cyradm
cyradm> cm user.emma
createmailbox: no connection to server
cyradm>

--