Unread / new message indicators not displayed automatically?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Jun 16 05:40:53 EDT 2004

Ralph Seichter wrote:

> Cyrus IMAP files e-mail into the folders I specified, but the IMAP
> clients do not show an indicator for new/unread messages in the
> folders until the user manually selects the folder. I've tried this
> using Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 and Mulberry 3.x, the results are the
> same. If no Sieve rule matches and the message is thus, by an implicit
> "keep" action, filed in the INBOX (user.john), unread indicators are
> displayed without prior user interaction.
>
> Is this behaviour caused by Cyrus IMAP / Sieve or by the clients? What
> can I do to have the "there are {n} new messages in this folder"
> indicators be displayed automatically?

For mozilla (and thunderbird): right click on the folder, select
properties, check "Check this folder for new messages".
Or, if you want all of your folders to be checked, put this in your prefs.js

user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true);

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007