Imap mailbox aliases (two names for the same box)

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Jul 21 02:59:40 EDT 2004

Ghislain ADNET wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I know some of you had the problem of the mailbox with an upper case
> that are not recognized when goign through sendmail.
>
>   For exemple writing to me+Support at mydomain.net is translated
> me+support at mydomain.net.
>
>   My problem is Thunderbird use Junk, Trash Sent name boxes etc... and
> have special icons to show those folders that permit easy identification
> of the folder by mundane users. But i cannot forward to uppercase adress
> folders so i have to choose between :
>
> 1/ use sent instead of Sent and forget about the special icon in
> thunderbird and mozilla

Don't know which version of thunderbird/mozilla you are using, but in
the current one (and in any previous one starting from Netscape
communicator 4.x) I have a lowercase sent folder and I do have the
special icon (btw, mozilla shows it with an uppercase name) and
everything works fine. In fact I use 'sent' for historical reasons: you
can use *any* name (e.g. I use localized names for templates and drafts).
Only you have to remember to configure mozilla/thunderbird to use your
folders (with thunderbird: tools->account settings->copies & folders,
select "other" and select the imap folder you want to use for sent,
drafts and templates, with mozilla is the same but "account settings" is
under the "edit" menu)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007