Annotations

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sun Jan 11 10:13:44 EST 2004

+archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Ken Murchison wrote:
>

>>The 3 vendor-specific annotations used by Cyrus are all documented in
>>the appropriate locations:
>>
>>squat: squatter(8)
>>expire: cyr_expire(8), install-netnews.html
>>news2mail: install-netnews.html
>

> What about these?
>
> https://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/cyrus/perl/imap/cyradm.sh.diff?r1=1.14&r2=1.15
>
> I'm curious how this comment annotation was envisioned to be used....

Sorry, I forgot about that one.  Its a standard annotation (actually
documented in the ANNOTATEMORE draft), which is used to provide a
description of the mailbox.

The cyradm info command will report this along with the other annotations.

Currently the only process which uses /comment is nntpd which uses it in
response to a LIST NEWSGROUPS command.  I should probably update
tools/mknewsgroups to set this annotation when it creates newsgroups
mailboxes.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127