Sendmail and Cyrus IMAP

Peter P. Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Thu Jan 29 18:12:32 EST 2004

Greetings,

    I have searched the archives and I am either blind or can't read but
here is my problem.

    I am running Sendmail 8.12.10 on Solaris 8 and I am trying to get mail
delivered to Cyrus IMAP 2.2.3.  I added cyrusv2.mc to my servers .mc file as
instructed.  When I place the newly built sendmail.cf in place and restart
sendmail I get the following error:

Jan 29 17:51:08 defiant sendmail[24960]: [ID 801593 mail.crit]
i0TMp5hO024957: SYSERR(root): makeconnection_ds: unsafe domain socket
Jan 29 17:51:08 defiant sendmail[24960]: [ID 801593 mail.info]
i0TMp5hO024957: to=<ppbenac at emacolet.com>, delay=00:00:02, xdelay=00:00:00,
mailer=cyrus, pri=230926, relay=localhost, dsn=4.3.5, stat=Deferred: No such
file or directory

    I assume the unsafe domain socket is /var/imap/socket/lmtp, however all
I see is lmtpunix-0.lock in /var/imap/socket.  Both my cyrus.conf and
imapd.conf are configured for /var/imap/socket/lmtp and /var/imap/socket is
not group writable.  This directory is owned by cyrus and has mail as it's
group.

     Can someone on this list point me in the right direction?

Regards,
Pete
----
Peter P. Benac, CCNA
Emacolet Networking Services, Inc
Providing Systems and Network Consulting, Training, Web Hosting Services
Phone: 919-847-1740 or 866-701-2345
Web: http://www.emacolet.com
Need quick reliable Systems or Network Management advice visit
http://www.nmsusers.org

To have principles...
             First have courage.. With principles comes integrity!!!