CYRUS = GARBAGE

Bill Earle bill at buffalo.edu
Tue Feb 3 12:21:21 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Christian Schulte wrote:

> > > I think you do not need to even patch 2.2.3 for this to work!
> >
> > For 'createonpost' and 'createonlogin', you need the patch AFAIK. I've
> > included them in my rpms and they work pretty well.
> >
> > Simon
>
> I just took a look at the patches and I am wondering if they could replace the
> autocreatequota: option which I am using right now. Do these patches support
> creation of initial quota on user inboxes ? Just curious.

Christian,

I thought there used to be a "defaultquota" for imapd.conf,
but all I could find was:

>From imapd.conf(5) manpage: Cyrus Imap server version 2.2

     autocreatequota: 0
          If nonzero, normal users  may  create  their  own  IMAP
          accounts  by  creating  the  mailbox INBOX.  The user's
          quota is set to the value if it is positive,  otherwise
          the user has unlimited quota.

We don't use this feature here, YMMV.

- Bill