newspostuser --> To, but what about Reply-To?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Thu Feb 26 12:23:32 EST 2004

Ken Murchison wrote:

> I finally got around to dealing with this.  I just committed a patch
> which does the following:
>
> - use Followup-To (if exists) instead Newsgroups when constructing Reply-To
> - strip any post addresses from Reply-To when feeding the article
> upstream (via NNTP or SMTP)

These sound like good changes Ken, I look forward to testing them. Note
that there will always be problems with doing this sort of thing, you
can't cover all the possibilities :-)

I just had a thought (no I'm not asking you do to more work, just
wondering): if a newsgroup message comes in (via fetchnews) that was
crossposted to two groups, one of which is _not_ mirrored into a local
IMAP folder, and then a user replies to the IMAP folder copy of that
message, will the additional newsgroup followup be "lost"? No big deal
if it is, just might be worth documenting.
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus