Alternative ways of sendmail & cyrus integration [Was: Virtual domains, user@domain.com: Mailbox unknown]

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Thu Feb 26 12:10:21 EST 2004

Ken Murchison wrote:
> Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>
>> -- Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> is rumored to have mumbled on
>> Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2004 16:37 Uhr -0500 regarding Re: Alternative
>> ways of sendmail & cyrus integration [Was: Virtual domains,
>> user at domain.com: Mailbox unknown]:

>>> I don't know if it does or not.  But IMHO, the best way to do this is to
>>> use the socket map support in Sendmail 8.13 (a patch is available for
>>> 8.12) and smmapd in Cyrus 2.2.  This eliminates the need to peek into
>>> the
>>> imap spool and will support whatever mailbox namespace and/or spool
>>> hashing that Cyrus is using.
>>
>> I'd heard about that, but wasn't aware of the patch for 8.12. Do you
>> have a URL for that? We have yet to upgrade to 2.2, but that might
>> just be the reason to do so ...
>
> http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/smenhanced.html

Below please find modified sendmail.mc lines to make sendmail check cyrus
mailbox existence using socket map [instead of fstat map]:
----->
dnl
dnl *.mc file modifications for real time integration of cyrus and sendmail
dnl
dnl It makes sendmail define user map in sendmail.cf
define(`LUSER_RELAY')
LOCAL_CONFIG
# cyrus - map for file stat checking
Kcyrus socket local:_path_to_smmapd_socket_
dnl
dnl
LOCAL_RULESETS
SLocal_localaddr
# Treat system mailboxes as usual
R$+             $: $(user $1 $)
R$+ <>          $@
# Detect cyrus mailboxes - deliver via cyrus mailer
R$+             $: $1 <$(cyrus $1 $: $)>
R$<$+>          $# cyrus $: @$1
# Treat remaining as usual
<-----

I hope will publish next version next week:
* capable to support cyrus virtual domains
* milter-sender friendly
[current version creates problems with checking local address validity]

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.webhop.net http://slashdot.org/~anfi
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus