Some questions about cyrus-sasl (and sasldb2)

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Mon Feb 23 19:43:18 EST 2004

Evening everyone.

I wanted to get some feedback regarding our setup at our company.
We are currently running a FreeBSD 4.9 server, with Cyrus-SASL-2.1.7,
Cyrus-Imapd-2.2.3 and Sendmail 8.12.11. Everything is working quite well
and I am very happy with it.

I am currently keeping all of the users information in the sasldb2 backend,
which on freebsd, is located in /usr/local/etc.

I just have a question in regards to growth of our company and the use of
the sasldb2 backend.
Currently, we have 40 employees at our company. Thus, it has been a snap to
be able to add users and get them online quickly. However, the company is
expected to double in size by the end of the year, possibly to 100.

What I was curious about and wanted to know is if keeping all of the
information in the sasldb2 backend was a good or bad idea, considering the
amount of growth that is expected with our company? I wasn't sure if this
method would work alright, or if there was a different method that was
preferred to growing organizations. I thought i'd ask here to get some
feedback and answers.

I appreciate the time and help.

Jason

---